Hosting the 5th Running of the St.Vincent Geist Half Marathon & 5K will be a great opportunity to showcase the beautiful Geist community to thousands of runners and volunteers. But hosting a 13.1 mile event the morning of Saturday, May 18th will also come with some inconveniences for many of you conducting your normal business on a Saturday.
Number of Participants: Over 6,500 participants, 1,000 volunteers (over 10,000 spectators)
Race Time: Road restrictions will begin as early as 5:00 a.m. on race day morning. The Half Marathon will begin at 7:00 a.m. and the 5K will begin at approximately 7:40 a.m. Both races will be completed by 11:00 a.m. See information below or accompanying map for specific information regarding your area of the course.
Partial Road Closures: Participants will be running on one half of the road around most of the course. Some areas will be temporarily closed. If you have plans for race day, please be aware that alternate routes may need to be taken that day.
View neighborhood maps of street closures and traffic restrictions:
- Click here to view Admirals Sound Map
- Click here to view Bridgewater Map
- Click here to view Feather Cove Map
- Click here to view Cambridge Map
- Click here to view General Course Map
Summary of Closures
- Southbound Olio Road from 116th to Springstone Road (5:00 – 9:00 a.m.)
- Northbound Olio Road from 96th to 116th (6:45 – 8:30 a.m.)
- Springstone Road from Olio to 96th Street (Both Directions) (7:00 -9:00 a.m.)
- Westbound 96th from Olio to Fall Creek (7:00 -9:00 a.m.)
- 96th Street from Fall Creek to Springstone (Both Directions) (7:00 – 9:00 a.m.)
- Northbound Carroll Road from Promontory to 96th Street (7:00 – 9:00 a.m.)
- Westbound Fall Creek from 96th to Brooks School (7:00 – 9:00 a.m.)
- Eastbound Fall Creek from Brooks School to Carroll Rd/96th St. (7:00 – 11:00 a.m.)
- Eastbound/Northbound Fall Creek from 79th/82nd to Brooks School (7:00 – 10:00 a.m.)
- North/eastbound on Courageous Dr. from 79th to Halyard (7:15 -10:00 a.m.)
- Southbound on Halyard from Courageous to Fox Road (7:15 – 10:00 a.m.)
- Westbound on Fox Road from Oaklandon to Sunnyside (7:30 – 10:00 a.m.)
- Southbound on Oaklandon from 86th St. to Fox Rd. (7:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Westbound on 86th from Carroll to Oaklandon (7:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Southbound on Admirals Pointe from Promontory to 86th St. (7:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Northbound on Promontory Rd. from Old Stone to Admirals Pointe (7:30 – 10:30 a.m.)
- Westbound on Old Stone from Carroll Road to Promontory (7:30 – 11:00 a.m.)
- Southbound on Carroll Road from 96th to Old Stone (7:30 – 11:00 a.m.)
Parking: All participants and volunteers are being instructed to park at the HSE High School and shuttles will be taking them to and from the start and finish areas. Police will be regulating traffic and they will be monitoring parking along the race route.
For more information, contact info@GeistHalf.com.