ATTENTION RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES
The Geist Half Marathon will be running its course route through your neighborhood on
SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2016
Please review the following general street closure guidelines that will go into effect on the 21st.
Hosting the 9th Running of the Geist Half Marathon, 10K & 5K will be a great opportunity to showcase the beautiful Geist community to thousands of runners and volunteers. But hosting a 13.1-mile event the morning of Saturday, May 21st will also come with some inconveniences for many of you conducting your normal business on a Saturday.
Important Event Details
- Number of Participants: Over 6,500 participants, 1,000 volunteers (over 10,000 spectators)
- Road restrictions will begin as early as 12:00 am on race day. All events including half marathon, 10K, and 5K runs will begin at 7:00 am sharp. All events (half marathon, 10K, and 5K) will begin at 7:00 am and finish by 11:00 am. See information below or accompanying map on the back of this flyer for specific information regarding your area of the course.
- Partial Road Closures: Participants will be running on one half of the road around most of the course. Some areas will be temporarily closed. If you have plans for race day, please be aware that alternate routes may need to be taken that day.
Summary of Closures
- Southbound Olio Road from 116th to Springstone Road (4:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- Northbound Olio Road from 116thto Waterway Boulevard (1:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
- Northbound Olio Road from 96th to Waterway Boulevard (6:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
- Springstone Road from Olio to 96th Street (West/Southbound lane only) (7:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m.)
- Westbound 96th from Olio to Fall Creek (7:00 a.m. -9:00 a.m.)
- 96th Street from Fall Creek to Springstone (Both Directions) (7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
- Westbound Fall Creek from 96th to Brooks School (7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.)
- Eastbound Fall Creek from Brooks School to Carroll Rd/96th St. (7:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
- Westbound Fall Creek from Brooks School to Mollenkopf (7:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)
- Northbound Mollenkopf from Fall Creek to Windmere (7:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
- Eastbound Windmere from Mollenkopf to 106th(7:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.)
- Eastbound 106thSt from Windmere to Hawthorn Ridge (7:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.)
- Westbound Hawthorn Ridge from 106thSt to Club Point Drive (7:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.)
- Club Point Drive from Golf Club to Brooks School Rd (Westbound lane only)(7:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.)
- Southbound Brooks School Rd from Club Point Dr to Fall Creek (7:30 a.m – 10:30 a.m.)
- 104thStreet from Olio Road to Crestmoor (7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.)
- Keyesport Landing, Proposal Point, Farmstead and Saddlestone (7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.)
- Waterway Boulevard (Both Directions) from Saddlestone to Olio Road (7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.)
There are many ways to support the St. Vincent Geist Half Marathon – feel free to grab a lawn chair and root our runners on as they travel throughout the Fishers community and across the Geist Reservoir in support of our beneficiaries, the Hamilton Southeastern and Lawrence Township School Districts. Pom-poms and smiles go a long way!!!
AND, there’s still time to sign up or volunteer.