The Geist Half Marathon Inc. is a 501(c)3 non profit with the mission of promoting health and wellness in Geist area schools. To accomplish this, a 13.1 mile race (half marathon) and a 3.1 mile (5K) race are hosted at Geist Reservoir in mid to late May every year with proceeds benefiting the local schools. Schools are encouraged to apply for grant moneys from the Geist Half Marathon Inc. to subsidize their health and wellness initiatives.
Promote health and wellness in the Geist area school-aged children.
Application must be fully completed to be considered.
Who may apply: Any school faculty member or parent volunteer charged with organizing or leading a health and wellness initiative within Marion, Hancock, or Hamilton counties in Indiana.
Funding: Programs with budgets up to $2,000 (grants of more than $2,000 will be considered providing the applicant can demonstrate broad impact). Preference will be given to those Schools that intend on culminating their training programs at the Geist Half Marathon & 5K on May 18, 2013.
The GHM will fund:
- Expenses not otherwise funded by the School.
- Specialized training; fees and expenses.
- Other resources: equipment, materials, supplies.
- Other expenses necessary to effective execution of the project.
- Healthy snacks and drinks for school-hosted programs.
The GHM will generally not fund:
- Duplicate projects or projects funded by the School.
- Courses taken by professional staff for credit toward a degree or advanced salary schedule.
- Salaries or any component of a request that is for the compensation of applicant.
- Software licensing fees.
- Consulting fees, trainers, physical therapists, or other ancillary health services.
Duration of Grants
Up to 12 months.
Applications Due: Postmarked by 4:00 pm February 1, 2013 to the GHM post office box, faxed to 317-536-3030, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcement Date: February 15, 2013
Applications will be reviewed by the GHM Grants Committee (including GHM Board members and unbiased community leaders) and recommended to the Board of the Geist Half Marathon Inc. for final approval and funding. Awards and denials will be communicated to all applicants via email.
How to Apply
Download Application (click here)
Applications must be single-sided and may be stapled, but not bound.
Submit one copy of the completed application to:
c/o Geist Half Marathon Inc.
PO Box 361313
Indianapolis, IN 46236
or e-mail to email@example.com