The Geist Half Marathon Inc. is an Indiana non-profit corporation organized to inspire health and wellness in the children surrounding Geist Reservoir in Indianapolis, Indiana. Working closely with the greater Geist community, the Geist Half Marathon raises funds to benefit physical fitness programs being jointly implemented within the schools.
Last year’s race was sold out with 6,000 registered participants raising money for the Geist area schools.
School Program Information
St.Vincent Geist Half Marathon is excited to have the opportunity to work with area schools again this year to promote this fun and healthy event to children. The St.Vincent Geist Half Marathon school program, and the far reaching benefits it brought to the over 1,800 youth who participated, is an aspect of last year’s event that we are most proud of. We are working to expand upon this success so as to continue to support the Foundations efforts to combat the growing problem of childhood obesity. To date, the Geist Half Marathon, Inc. has donated $236,767 to Geist area schools in just five years.
2013 Board Members
- Matthew Troyer, President (Partner, Bingham Greenebaum Doll LLP)
- Vince Auten, Vice President (Safeco Insurance)
- Jill Engerer, Secretary (Assistant VP, Ameriana Bank)
- Lisa Brugh, Treasurer (Brugh CPA Group)
- Mike Napariu (Vice President, REI Investments, Inc.)
- Jim Verona (Intellimotion)
- John Long (Allegra Marketing, Print, Signs, Mail)
- Stephanie Ewing (VP, First Merchants Bank)
- Patty Torr (Realtor, F.C. Tucker)
- David Ayars (Ayars Enterprises LLC)
Executive Director: Tom Britt (Publisher, atGeist.com)